Thursday, April 24, 2008

{hubba is sick... again}

okay, so the kasey is sick again. when he gets these little flu like symptoms the fella becomes a little kid... he hardly really gets sick, so when he does it gets interesting. i'm getting the hang of things in these moments that occur only a couple times a year.
so when i came home from work today and asked if there was anything that i could do for him he asked for my homemade chili. i couldn't have complained, i love it too... i usually make a batch large enough to eat all week... and he does... eat it all week... on top of everything.
so i decided to share the recipe with you all... yum!

um, lets see off the top of my head,
brown the hamburger
in a pot: half a chopped onion
2 (28 oz cans) stewed tomatoes|with the juice
2 (15 oz cans) drained kidney beans
2 (8oz cans) tomatoe sauce
1/4-1/2 cup BBQ sauce
sprinkle chili powder over top
dump in hamburger
cook medium heat for about 15-20 min.

i like to eat mine over rice with cheese... mmm that reminds me of seasider chili.
anyway, make it, enjoy it, love it, and then tell me about it!

7 comments:

Norris Family said...

Maybe I will have to try some of that, maybe it would make me feel a little better about everything.

The Potter Pack said...

Hey ... call me @ 801-706-6343 b/c I just got your message on my blog and I leave Sat. morning early to go back ... it was a quick trip but I would love to squeeze you in ... my hubby is sick too ... maybe I should give this a try !!

Nic & Trudi said...

I will definately have to try your recipe. And seasider chili...those were the good ol days!

Smiths said...

Just printed off the recipe. I'll let you know if the ground turkey version is any good (you know me).

Uh, did SLC really get an F? With all the vineers (sound it out) and cosmetic work I never would have guessed. Maybe it has something to do with all the homeless and kids. There are a lot of kids with messed up teeth out there. Pregnancy can mess you up to, and there's no shortage of pregnancies in these parts. Oh, and no flouride in the water. Huh. Who would've thunk it.

Molly Malia said...

jilly, i think it's all the cowboys and chew too that bring the grade down...

Angie said...

hi molly! this is angie atkinson (whittemore now). i saw your post on erin's blog so i looked up yours. it's great to see your family and life! you have about the longest list of friends i've seen. i guess i shouldn't have expected anything less.
i'll have to try the chili recipe. i used to have chili and rice at the seasider just about everyday. both because it was good and because it was $1.50! my blog is private but i don't care who gets on... but ajay (my husband) does. if you want to look, you can email me your email, or use these for the logon: user: blogangie password: foranyone.
it's great to see your life! i've thought about that north shore party we went together in 99, we talked with these young surf rats and i see one of them - mark healey - in ads now. funny.

Unknown said...

I bet your chili is a WHOLE lot BETTER than seasider chili! less oily...well they might be better now but I wouldn't know. I haven't been to campus in a LOONG time!