Saturday, January 26, 2008

zoo flash back...

my sister sent me this picture of me the other day. i was just in need of some old pictures. i don't know why. when i opened my email and was reminiscing, jordan walked up to me and started laughing. i asked her if she knew who that was and she told me "thats funny, it's me!". i told her no, it's me... she looked at it and said oh, then walked away. at that moment i thought for some reason that man, i was old. this picture is about 20 years old and that lion is still there and it's one of jordans highlights when we go to the zoo.
hey, water's water right no matter how you drink it!but then it goes to show that you are never to old to enjoy the little things you remember as a kid or with your kids, even if it is a bit awkward.
you see, with the zoo just up the street, when you ask jordan what it is that she wants to do, the first thing out of her mouth, most times, is the zoo! every year we get a season family pass and go about 3-4 times a month... no matter the weather. but i tell you, it's more enjoyable in the spring months.

i have come to believe that (besides toys R us) the hogle zoo is her little piece of heaven on earth. and with her, it's an all day ordeal. alice the camel, the penguins, raja the tiger, the sneezing elephant and getting itsakadoosie popsicles. our main chunk, though, is spent at the discovery play ground as she tries to make all the friends that she can before its time to go!


6 comments:

betsy said...

very cute. i just realized how different the lion looks. thats not cool. but it was a good idea to get that picture of you the last time we were there. great memories...

glenna said...

it's great to see your blog and fun to read your postings on my blog too. I'm glad you're enjoying your new little family! you really should make it up to Washington as soon as the weather gets better - miss ya lots and it's nice to be "auntie". love ya,

Anonymous said...

Okay watch out for the tigers though! They can get out!

Mickell Gehret said...

Yeah that is nates litle girl. they have a little boy now to. I love those pictures! (I miss Hawaii.) My parents live in Springville now.

Norris Family said...

That looks like fun. I have taken my kids only to the zoo once here in AZ since we have lived here. And it was warm. I couldnt imagin going in the spring, 117 degree weather wouldnt be that enjoyable. Now I guess is the perfect time to go for us, but of course the rates are crazy because it is so pleasent here in the winter. But you have defintely inspired me.

AJ said...

I have a pic. of me when I was 8 sitting in front of the Oakland temple on a bench. I have dumb and dumber bangs and blunt cut. It is hideous. When we got married I sat on the bench and took a pic...I am glad I got rid of the butt cut though.